Archive for April, 2010
Before I start I just want to say that it’s April 23, exactly one month till Kristin and I get married. I can’t even believe how the time flew by.I’m really so excited about this. So is Olivia. My little 3 yr old often comes out with things like: “I can’t wait to get married!” or “We’re gonna be a family!” Yup, it’s pretty wonderful :)
Ok, well…I’m on lunch break in my office and wanted to just mention a few things. I have been silent here for a while and I get lots of questions via email or in person about how I’m doing…so here is a quick summary:
- I still love God. There have been a few times in my life where I have been even more connected to the Bible than I am now, but overall I’m doing ok. Business of wedding planning, parenting, and building a new family can easily distract me. I have to do better though.
- Olivia brings incredible joy to my heart. She is growing up way too fast…I get kinda weird when I start thinking about her going to school soon. Ah…such is life.
- I’m so incredibly happy in my relationship with Kristin. I feel like God has brought such a gift to me and Olivia. This is really overwhelming and humbling. I can’t say enough about this. Honestly, this little bullet doesn’t even come close to telling you the joy that is in my heart in this season of my life. God is so good to me. And let’s not forget about Olivia. The relationship that she has with Kristin is absolutely incredible. I couldn’t have asked for anything greater. I’m bubbling.
- God has been reinforcing in my heart that in a few years I’m going to be moving into a more vocational role as a Pastor. Yes, I’m feeling like it’s my calling in life to lead a church here in NJ. I’ve known this for a few years, but I’m taking it slow. There are lots of steps that come first before we get there.
- We’re literally just a few hours from completing the audio for the Anthem of Hope Encouragement Disc. I just need to find those hours and do it. This hold up is my fault…I can only do so many things at once and my day job has been quite demanding lately.
- http://mistyleblanc.com is in a beta release. Still finishing it up. I know her story will touch lives for years to come, so I really wanted to have a special place for it. Pray that I find time to finish all that is on my plate and still live life a little bit.
Well, I’m proud to say that my little girl has stepped into the world of potty-trained-toddlerhood. She is doing great. Well tonight we had dinner with our dearest friends (the parkers) and by the time we left it was close to bed time. On the way home I stop to make a quick run into Walgreens, and she is sleeping already. Ok, no biggie. I’ve done this before. In fact, I’ve done a full hour of grocery shopping with her sleeping on my shoulder on more than one occasion in the past.
No more than 5 minutes passes and as I’m searching the aisles for something I feel a lovely warm wetness spreading down my shirt. Yes, I neglected to remember that while she is doing great when she’s awake, we don’t quite have the sleeping part down yet.
So I skip the trip and move hastily (and stealthily) out to the car. I change her pants quickly and sit her in the back. As for me, I’m not so lucky to keep various outfits in my car…so my shirt comes off and I awkwardly get in my car.
ME: Liv,make sure you stay awake now till we get home.
LIV: But daddy, I’m tired (as her eyes close)
Quick, think of something. I have to keep her awake because I don’t feel like cleaning that car seat (again).
ME:If you stay awake I’ll get you a donut on the way home
LIV: Yes! (immediately perking up) A donut…yes, we’re gonna get a donut!
My plan would have been great were it not for the fact that I had to drive through the dunkin donuts drive through with no shirt on. Yes, I got laughed at…its not really warm out yet.